Saturday 29 April 2017

No work

Well after being on a roll, the wheels have now stopped. No work since Anzac day. Nothing.!!!
We were thinking of a PCI last friday but now I am thinking its another 2 weeks away with all the work left to do. Calling the SS tomorrow to ask what is going on with these carpets. I am alittle disappointed now.  Building has so many ups and downs. I knew this from building last time but it still doesnt make it any easier.

We are will most things ourselves after handover. I think thats why our neighbours houses are taking longer because they can afford for the builder to do things.  We are putting in the aircon and the Aeriel in ourselves. TV brackets, downlight, clotheslines, pendants etc all ourselves. We are doing the landscaping etc. Call us frugal or tight or handy but we cant pay inflated prices to do these things. It would be lovely to move into a completed house but we cant do it. When we move in, there will be 1 million small jobs to do. Its going to be chaos for a while.

Meanwhile we have been shopping for the new place. I got some little tub chairs for the kids rooms from kmart. I also got some concrete pendants and stools. We also got all the lighting and fans for the house. We have purchased all the blinds except for the sliding door which will be custom built. We have our bins and clotheslines. My garage is filling up with goodies.

Fingers crossed I have better news next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment