Monday 17 April 2017

Final works still to be done.

Our modest and 'better' home is slowly coming together. I can wait to have a garage door that I dont need two hands to manually open. I cant wait to not have to log my groceries up three flights of stairs.  I cant wait to have robes in the kids room and a linen press. I could go on and on about how much easier my life will be but I wont bore you lol.

We met with our new neighbours today to discuss the retaining walls and fence. They have all been surprised how quick our house has come together. We don't have a PCI date but I am hoping its soon because we only have a few things left to do. Our bathrooms are floor to roof tiling which look great. I am happy with the tiles we selected. We went for warmer tones in the bathroom compared to the rest of the house. The laundry is just standard because we are going to do that ourselves by adding a bench top and overhead cupboards, so the white subway tile will most likely get pulled off. Kitchen island still looks brown to me but its really a lovely mid grey. I thought it might have been the time of day I took the photo but it must be my camera.

The tile company insisted we pay for floor protection because the tiles were high shine ' its so important' they said. We tried to get out of it but they said we had no choice but to pay the $300. However the floors have been complete now for over a week and the floor hasn't been protected at all. We've had several trades walk through it with their boots on. We will talk to our SS tomorrow and ask about it. I am going to request a refund from the tiler.

main Bathroom

Main Bathroom

Laundry

Kitchen

Living

No comments:

Post a Comment